What Purpose Will an Alumni Association Serve?
The Norwin Alumni and Friends Association is a group of Norwin graduates and others who have come to appreciate and respect Norwin. To assure that Norwin always remains as a highly regarded premier school district, alumni and friends of Norwin, in partnership with the Norwin School District Community Foundation, have created the Norwin Alumni and Friends Association (NAFA) whose goals are:
· To provide members a common source of information regarding NSD initiatives and activities;
· To provide members a directory to locate classmates and friends;
· To provide a forum for alumni to network for business or personal reasons;
· To provide outings and activities to build ongoing camaraderie and friendships;
· To partner with the Norwin School District Community Foundation, a 501 (c) (3) charitable organization, to support the Norwin School District through supplemental funding of programs and initiatives to assure quality educational experiences for Norwin students.
Activities being considered include participation in the Homecoming Carnival and Parade, an annual Norwin Pride Dinner, a 5K splash run, creation of an alumni scholarship, alumni travel opportunities, and alumni social outings. NAFA will be as effective and fun as its members want it to be. Become a founding member and help build the foundation of NAFA to assure its positive impact on its members, and the Norwin schools and community.
To join or for additional information, contact Debbie Kunkle, NAFA President at firstname.lastname@example.org.