Hahntown ElementaryType of Work:
Total Area: 72,980 sq ft
Date Completed: August 2008
Hahntown Elementary School started as a prototype of a previously completed new elementary school within the district. The intent of the design was to take advantage of the school's location on the high school campus and create a "castle" for the Little Norwin Knights to enjoy, complete with a "tower" story time room attached to the library. School amenities included:
- A 2 story main corridor with castle crenellation on the walls and a ceiling with clouds, a blue sky and yellow rays of sunlight.
- A large cafetorium with stage and full size gymnasium.
- K-4 classrooms.
- A well appointed library.
- Various support and special program spaces.
- Site work including: parking, separate bus and automobile access routes, softball and soccer fields, playground and separate paved play area.