Sunset Valley Elementary
Type of Work: New Construction
Total Area: 68,710 sq ft
Date Completed: August 2002
Sunset Valley Elementary School was the first of several completely new K-4 schools and became the model for future prototypes. The intent of the design was to create scaled down, familiar forms surrounding the entrance to provide a comfortable atmosphere for the children. Interior features included:
- Large cafetorium with stage and full size gymnasium.
- 4 classrooms for each grade.
- Additional special programming spaces.
- Contributes to a comfortable place for learning.
- Site work including; parking, separate bus and automobile access routes, softball and soccer fields, playground and separate paved play area.